Questions about coronavirus (COVID-19)? Ask Dr. McGeorge
Doctor fact checks claims circulating online and reports confirmed information
Do you have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Have you seen or heard things about the illness that you’re not sure are true? Do you need a claim about the coronavirus fact-checked? Local 4′s Dr. Frank McGeorge, M.D., is here to help.
Use the form below to share your question, or the claim you’d like investigated.
Here are some questions he’s already addressed (click the links to read his answers):
- Feb. 26: Is it true that a person with the coronavirus is contagious two weeks before they feel sick?
- Feb. 27: Can the flu shot or pneumonia vaccine prevent a coronavirus infection?
- Feb. 27: Is it true that children haven’t been affected at the same rate as adults?
- Feb. 27: Is it true that coronavirus sickens people for 10 to 15 days?
- Feb. 28: Is it true that warmer weather will naturally stop the spread of coronavirus?
- Feb. 28: Will spraying streets and buildings with disinfectant be effective against coronavirus?
- March 2: Do masks help protect against coronavirus? How long can it live on surfaces?
- March 3: Have people recovered from coronavirus? Are we relying too much on hand sanitizer?
- March 3: Can coronavirus spread to pets? Are you immune after you’ve been infected?
- March 4: Is coronavirus spread by insects?
- March 4: Should people at higher risk because of age or other medical problems take different precautions?
- March 4: Is it safe to travel? Should you stock up on water?
- March 4: How do you know if you have COVID-19 or the flu? Can zinc treat the virus?
- March 5: Can you get coronavirus from handling money?
- March 6: Can store workers contaminate food with coronavirus? Are children affected more than we thought?
- March 9: Can you get coronavirus from a toilet seat? How long does it take to receive test results?
- March 10: Can coronavirus cause patients to develop severe diseases? Does asthma increase that risk?
- March 11: Should you cancel your trip because of coronavirus?
- March 12: What does it mean to ‘self-quarantine’ during coronavirus outbreak?
- March 13: What does the coronavirus test really look for? What does a positive test mean?
- March 14: Dr. McGeorge explains coronavirus (COVID-19) testing criteria
- March 17: How long does it take to recover from coronavirus? When are you considered healthy?
- March 17: Does coronavirus infect children? How does severity differ?
- Trust Index: Is it true that Ibuprofen can worsen coronavirus?
- Trust Index: Does holding your breath really test for coronavirus? Can drinking liquids keep you safe?
- High blood pressure patients concerned about COVID-19 need to keep taking medication
- What outdoor activities are safe to do amid coronavirus concerns?
- March 26: Is coronavirus (COVID-19) airborne? Is it safe to pass others on sidewalk?
- April 1: Is antibacterial soap necessary? Is intimacy safe for couples?
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.