What to know today 🌅
A shooting early Monday morning outside a strip club on Michigan Avenue in Detroit injured six people. Detroit police have been working to sort out the shooting while several people are now hospitalized, two of which are in critical condition.
Time is running out for Michigan residents who have waited to renew their driver’s license or vehicle registration during the coronavirus pandemic.
Anyone with an expiration date after March 1 were given a long grace period by the Legislature and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. But that period ends Wednesday and no extension is anticipated.
President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he ran for president and in his first year in the White House, according to a report Sunday in The New York Times.
Trump, who has fiercely guarded his tax filings and is the only president in modern times not to make them public, paid no federal income taxes in 10 of the past 15 years.
The details of the tax filings complicate Trump’s description of himself as a shrewd and patriotic businessman, revealing instead a series of financial losses and income from abroad that could come into conflict with his responsibilities as president. The president’s financial disclosures indicated he earned at least $434.9 million in 2018, but the tax filings reported a $47.4 million loss.
The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 121,427 as of Saturday, including 6,723 deaths, state officials report.
Saturday’s update represents 901 new cases and 15 additional deaths. On Friday, the state totals were 120,526 cases and 6,708 deaths.
Eleven of those deaths were identified during a Vital Records review.
On Saturday, the state confirmed a total of 95,051 recoveries.
The state no longer reports COVID-19 data on Sundays.
Here’s a look at more of the data:
- Track the live Michigan Weather Radar here
- Track severe weather alerts here
- Submit storm photos here
- Find more weather forecast articles at Weather Center
- Watch: Michigan’s 8th Congressional District candidates Slotkin, Junge debate
- Metro Detroit woman speaks out after being pistol whipped, carjacked near 8 Mile Road and Evergreen
- Michigan theaters excited to reopen in October, but still face challenges
- Man stabbing woman in face, head killed by police at Dearborn apartment
- Roseville neighbor rushes to help after 17-year-old accidentally shot in head
- Police seek man in deadly shooting of 29-year-old outside Erebus Haunted House in Pontiac
- Barrett could be Ginsburg’s polar opposite on Supreme Court
- Trump vows quick court vote, Biden urges delay for Nov. 3
- Joe Biden delivers remarks following Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- China fires back at US over environment, South China Sea
Sports Headlines ⚾🏀🏈🏒⚽
- Lions snap 11-game losing streak, beat Cardinals 26-23
- Red Wings pick up Marc Staal, draft pick in trade with Rangers
- Red Wings sign Gagner to 1-year contract extension