The Vote 4 The Best contest is heating up, with just the weekend to go before votes are tallied. Your favorite local businesses need your help to finish strong!
You can VOTE ONCE PER HOUR HERE until Sunday at 11 p.m. There are a lot of close races and your vote can change the outcome.
We’ll announce the winners during our Big Reveal Week on-air and online starting Aug. 1 so stay tuned.
Did You Know?
- Fondue: At the 1964 World’s Fair in New York, a Swiss restaurant showed off its cheese-dipping dish. The dish, which has been a staple in Switzerland since the 1700s, gained popularity in the U.S. during the remainder of the 60s.
- General Tso’s Chicken: The dish was created by Chef Peng Chang-kuei, a native of China’s Hunan province, in 1952. He made the dish for an American Admiral who wanted to try a new dish. The dish is a spicy poultry stir-fry that’s made with garlic, ginger, chili peppers, celery, scallions and bean sprouts in soy sauce.
- Tequila Sunrise: The cocktail, which is a mix of orange juice, tequila, and grenadine, is named due to its appearance. It gained popularity thanks to two classic rock bands in the 70s. The Rolling Stones discovered the drink while on tour in California in 1972, and The Eagles recorded a song titled “Tequila Sunrise” in 1973.
- Avocado Toast: This food combination became a trend in the 2010s due to its social media popularity. The vegan and gluten-free options of this meal has increased its popularity. Also, the demand for this item has raised the price of avocados.
- Dippin’ Dots: This ice cream craze is a result of ice cream being flash-frozen in liquid nitrogen. The small balls of ice cream could be found in plastic cups and were synonymous with malls during the 90s
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let friends and other voters know to sign up for the V4TB newsletter!
Our Sponsor -- We’d like to thank Wallside Windows for their longtime sponsorship of Vote 4 the Best and their support of southeast Michigan’s local businesses. Wallside is a Taylor, MI-based family business that manufactures and installs custom replacement windows, now in their third generation.
BECOME A WDIV INSIDER! You’ll get exclusive news content, access to the Local 4 team, fun giveaways, an elevated voice in our news coverage and more. And it’s FREE! CLICK HERE to join.